She is like Juliet...without the whole Romeo part

Friday, January 6, 2012

poem I wrote

I lay down at night and say my prayers
why does it feel like he doesn't care?
my wishes are not made.
my prayers are not answered.
there's rett and "retard" and judging and cancer.

I know he's got a bigger plan
something in mind for me
but when will it start to show up? 
when will I start to see?

his love is bigger than the sky above
he sends peace to us with a beautiful dove 

his heart opens for every one 
no ones left out.
he hears me scream, he hears me shout.

I shuffle my feet
I pace back and forth
I lose my mind
I get knocked off course.

He holds me tight
he doesn't let go
he helps me make it through the night.

God is my savior.
he's the only one.
he made us the world, he gave us his son.

I can't describe in words, how much it means
that he sews me back together when I'm ripping at the seams.

No comments:

Post a Comment