She is like Juliet...without the whole Romeo part

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Punching sheep

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
that's how many sheep it should take to count a normal person to fall asleep. I wouldn't even be able to count sheep because I cannot count as high as I can stay up. I'm absolutely positively positive I have insomnia. in fact, sheep annoy me so much when I try to count them I would rather just punch them instead. whoever came up with the idea of "couting sheep" I'm sorry, but you're stupid. how are filthy dirty animals that run around ramming into people going "BAAA BAAA" supposed to help me sleep? yeah I'm done counting them just so I can fall asleep. I would rather flip one off.
tonight I say to my mom "I never can sleep. I wake up all the time in the middle of the night. I wake up early. I think I'm an insomniac" she laughed in my face. I hate that.
just because I'm the child does not mean I'm wrong about this. it doesn't mean I'm wrong about anything. I love being a teen, don't get me wrong. but my parents just don't understand. my fear is they never will.
my life is practically perfect. practically.
but at of the ends of days like this I just wanna crawl in bed and sleep.
and get away from it all.
but I can't. because I have insomnia.
and my mom won't even believe me.
it's not like I'm stupid and I just say I have insomnia. if you want, put me in a room for a week and see if I sleep much. I won't.
every night I just dread going to bed because I know I will toss and turn for hours until I finally fall asleep. and then I wake up an hour later. I long for the days when I could fall asleep as easily as I could say my ABCs.
you don't realize how sleep is a luxury until you can't afford it anymore.
sure, insomnia has it's perks.
I mean, I get a lot of books read.
I can go for a whole 24-hour relay for life.
I can do a bunch of stuff in the day and don't have to worry about homework because I know I can get it done in bed that night.
but still...none of these compare to the downfalls of not getting enoughs sleep.
I wish for one nights sleep this Christmas break where I get nine hours. that's my goal.
while on the topic of Christmas break I hope you all have a really good one. toodaloo

No comments:

Post a Comment